Monday, December 19, 2016

Photographic Update

One year later: It's still a work in progress, but she's almost done!

Monday, October 10, 2016

Slow But Steady Progress

    I have been making some advances on the interior. I have also been working a little on the exterior. Though undocumented, I have repainted the tongue and installed a new jack. She also sports a new aluminum propane tank and custom mounting bracket. The rear bumper has also been beefed up and painted.

A huge milestone was reached over the Labor Day weekend: I pulled it out of the garage onto the driveway and slept in it for two nights!

Closet on right is roughed in.
Have yet to make the window/screen frames.
The curtain material is only temporarily pinned up. 
This is the material I have chosen to make the curtains from. Have yet to make them since I don't know how to sew!
Working on the cabinet front and drawers now.
I still need to finish trimming out the floor.
The counter top and table will be laminated in turquoise.
New vinyl cushions are being made by my upholstery shop as we speak.
She was far enough along to camp for two nights in the driveway. Bonfire and all!

Friday, August 5, 2016


Just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been working:

All the electrical is pretty much complete as well:

All LED lighting.

She is starting to come along more quickly now. On to building some of the fun things for the inside!

Monday, February 29, 2016

Vinyl Flooring

    I got the new vinyl floor installed over the weekend with the help of Tony Otis. The wiring is now roughed in too. Now it is time to insulate!

Friday, February 26, 2016

Framing Completed

    I have completed re-building the interior framing for the rear of the trailer. I also had to repair a portion of the left front as well. Time to get the wiring roughed in!


Rather than try to duplicate the intricate original framing, I elected to use 3/4" OSB.

The OSB plywood will be much stronger and self insulating.

Front corner repair. Note original framing method.


Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wheels and Tires

    After finishing up the spare, I moved on to the other wheels. With these now done, its time to head back inside and complete the new framing.

Was lucky to have made it 200 miles on these!



Monday, February 22, 2016

The Original Spare

    I took a break from woodworking and cleaned up the original spare tire and wheel which had never been used. I then bought a new bracket and mounted it on the tongue.

Dayton Thoroughbred.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

New Sub Floor

3/4" pressure treated plywood. That should be good for the next 56 years! 

The Project Supervisor has assumed his regular position.